Terms and Conditions of Hire
HUSBORNE CRAWLEY READING ROOM
Terms and Conditions of Letting 2023
1) Application for hire should be made on this form to the Booking Secretary. Cheques should be made payable to: Husborne Crawley Reading Room
2) Applications from persons under the age of 25 years may be refused.
3) The acceptance of an application for the hire of the Hall does not mean or imply that the Hall is suitable for the purpose for which it is hired. Maximum occupancy is 70 persons.
4) Regular users of the Hall may pay monthly in arrears. Booking fees for other hirers, should be paid at least one month before the date of the booking.
5) In the event of cancellation, the booking fee will be refunded, provided that it has been possible to re-let the Hall for that date. If cancelled within 14 days of the booking, the Reading Room reserves the right to charge up to the full value of the booking.
6) The Hirer shall indemnify the Reading Room Management Committee for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property, including the curtilage or the contents of the building during or as a result of the booking.
7) Smoking is NOT permitted on any part of the premises at any time.
8) The Hirer is responsible for switching out all lights and for making sure that all heaters and appliances are turned off before locking up the Hall. The Hall must be left in a clean and tidy condition and the keys returned as instructed.
9) The Management Committee reserves the right for any of its members to enter the Hall at any time. (This will not generally be without consulting the Hirer).
10) It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure compliance with all legal requirements, and in particular those relating to sale and consumption of alcohol.
11) The Reading Room does not have a licence for playing copyrighted music and video. Hirers are responsible for obtaining any appropriate licences for their particular event(s). Information and temporary licences can be obtained from www.pplprs.co.uk. and www.themplc.co.uk
12) Times of booking should be strictly adhered to. Bookings are not permitted after midnight and before 7am.
13) Noise should be restricted after 11pm except on Sundays when it should be curtailed from 10pm.
14) Please be considerate to neighbouring houses when playing music and when leaving the building. Undue noise and disturbance may result in the involvement of the Local Authorities and/or the police.
15) The Management Committee delegates the authority to decline any booking for whatever reason to the Booking Secretary. The Booking Secretary in consultation with the Chairman may decline any booking where they have reason to believe that it may severely inconvenience village residents or bring the good name of the Management Committee into disrepute.
16) All users of the hall must comply with any additional rules relating to COVID-19 or any other government health guidance when displayed in the hall or on the website.
17). By booking the Reading Room you accept all of our terms and conditions and confirm that you (the person making the booking) are completely liable for the cost of any damage, any breakages and any cleaning costs resulting from your booking regardless of how they are caused.